Tuesday, July 31, 2007

A Fantastic Fair Day!

We went down to the fair tonight to see how all of our entries placed and to eat more fair food. Mark earned at least eight first place ribbons with his vegetables, so he was quite pleased. He swept the string bean and cucumber category, earning top place with two varieties of each. I am very proud of him and his dedication to gardening!!! He may turn into a farm boy after all! Ella was excited about each ribbon that she won...even if it was just a participation ribbon. She and James each won several placing ribbons in the junior gardening category--they do a lot of gardening with Daddy! I even won a few blue ribbons with my flowers. It was a great day for everyone....especially James....see the pics below: Ella with one of her art projects--She was very excited to see that she won a ribbon!
James with his beautiful art, titled: Vikings Vs. Packers
James is the big winner at our house! Here Daddy is holding a happy boy(He was saying "Wooow!" as Mark was holding him) next to his Best of Show Corn. The trophy and purple ribbon in the display case are his, earned for his entry of field corn stalks.
Thanks to Grandpa Jim for the corn!!
It really is fun to watch the kids get excited about winning a ribbon. I loved the fair growing up...I still do... It is very fun watching my kids find the same joy and fun at the fair!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Congratulations to everyone! Growing up in NYC, I had never been to a REAL county fair until last year. I didn't even know they had all of those contests. Dumb city slicker I am! And pig races, I totally didn't believe they were real.

Lisa said...

Congrats to everyone! Looks like everyone did a great job! I love Ella's pretty princess picture and James did a great job with his Vikings vs. Packers pic! :) Will talk to you when we get back from Chicago! Good luck with the rest of fair week!