Monday, February 4, 2008

Gymnastics!

I've enrolled Ella in some gymnastics classes. She loves to do somersaults and headstands and much to our horror even perfected a flip from the couch onto the couch cushions piled on the floor. (Mark and I put a stop to that new routine after she showed off her new skill!) Ella has been very excited for gymnastics to begin and tomorrow morning is the big day. Tonight, however, she is a little anxious about the first day of class tomorrow. At bedtime she told Mark in a very matter-of-fact little voice, "Daddy, sometimes when you do something new you get a little nervous." When I was tucking her in, after we agreed on what she would wear to the class (Ella is insisting on a leotard because "that's what gymnastic people wear") she gave me a little insight into why she might be feeling a little nervous. She asked me where her number would go. I guess in her little mind she was preparing to be in a gymnastic competition, just like she has seen on T.V. No wonder she was feeling a little nervous! I would be too!

No comments: