Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day


Happy Father's Day to my wonderful husband, Mark! My kids are truly blessed to have such a wonderful daddy and I am lucky to have a husband who strives to be an awesome father. Hopefully, we made him feel extra special today! We all really had a nice day today. We had a relaxing morning at home and even ate breakfast out on our front porch. The weather was perfect all day. We enjoyed the sunshine while we watched the Pine Island Cheese Fest Parade this afternoon. The kids actually got so much candy that they grew tired of picking it up! They each came home with a huge bag full and now I will have to ration candy and find a way to make some of it disappear... Later in the evening, I grilled Mark some steaks and veggies and we spent the remainder of the day playing outside. The kids didn't want to go to sleep as the sun was still shining brightly at bedtime.... I love the long days of June!

The picture above was taken this morning right after Mark put on his brand new T-shirt. James was very, very proud of the hand prints that he made. He was extra careful to point out which hand prints were his to anyone who expressed interest in the shirt Mark was wearing.

Happy Father's Day to all the great fathers in our lives! And, extra special Happy Father's Day wishes to my dad who, because I am the youngest in our family, still introduces me to people as his "baby". I love you, Dad!

1 comment:

OhCaptain said...

Sounds like a fun day.

What a great present! Those handmade gifts are the greatest!