Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Claranna's Baptism

Little Miss Claranna Rose was baptized on June 7, 2009, the day she turned six weeks old. We were fortunate to have many of our close family and friends join us at the church service to witness this important day for our sweet baby. Following the service we hosted our family and friends for a lunch and of course there are lots of pictures to mark the occasion.


Here is Claranna during the actual baptism. She is being held by her Godparent (and Aunt) Jenny.

Godparents Jenny & Aaron with Pastor Steve
With my parents... Our family of five...With Mark's parents...


Just Mommy, Daddy & Claranna...

Bright-eyed baby face in her baptism dress...

I had so many more pictures from this special day that I decided it would be fun to make a slide show. When Isabella was baptized, I asked for a song to be sung in her honor. In a moment of post pregnancy hormonal weakness, I agreed to sing the same song at Claranna's baptism. So, immediately following Claranna's baptism, I joined our worship team to sing "Little Girl on her Knees" to honor Claranna on her Baptism Day. The background music on the slide show is actually me singing a portion of the song from the service. If you are brave, you can turn up your volume and listen to the music. Please don't set your expectations too high, I was a little emotional when I was singing--it was a special day!! Enjoy the slide show and thank you to those of you who celebrated with us in spirit or with your presence on Claranna's baptism day.

1 comment:

OhCaptain said...

She's got a great smile :-)