Friday, May 11, 2012

Jam

Though it's hard to imagine, my Grandma Ruth would have been 99 years old today. To honor her memory, I made two batches of strawberry jam today. In all fairness, grandma Ruth would have preferred I make raspberry jelly. That was her specialty! But, I know she would be really impressed that I made any jam or jelly at all.

I really do miss her and all of my grandparents. They were pretty awesome grandparents! I wish they could see my kids now and I wish my kids could know my grandparents as I knew them. Yet, I am comforted by and so thankful for all the memories that I have of them.

In other news, our little patient is doing a little better. It is still a struggle to get him to eat and drink, but his pain is not as bad as it was on Tuesday and Wednesday. He was running a fever earlier in the week, but that is gone now. He is struggling with a little cough and that really hurts his throat. His little smile is returning and that is a welcome sight!

No comments: