Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter!

Happy Easter!!  We had a busy and fun weekend of soccer and Easter celebrations.  The top photo is a pictures of my sweeties after we got home from Easter services today.  They were bright-eyed and excited!  This photo below is how they looked when I left home this morning to go to church. 
They weren't so bright-eyed when we woke them up extra early so I could see them with their Easter baskets before I left for early church.  I sang a total of twelve choral anthems with the adult choir this morning, spread over three worship services.  My family stayed home to play (or sleep, if you were Ella) and joined me for the last service of the day.  Singing the Easter hymns and anthems, especially the Hallelujah Chorus, is one of my favorite parts of the Easter holiday--there's so much energy and excitement in the music. 

James and Ella both had their first soccer games of the season this weekend and had a great time playing, despite the strong winds.  We celebrated an early Easter on Saturday evening at the farm and between the two days also found time for an egg hunt at our church, at our house and at the farm.  We spent our afternoon and early evening stuffing ourselves with brunch in the company of great friends.  All the fun has left us blissfully tired!  Happy Easter to all!!

No comments: