Thursday, April 24, 2008

Grandma Ruth Update

Grandma had her surgery yesterday afternoon and after a night in the ICU, she is now resting in a regular hospital room. The kids and I were up to see her today and she looks much better than she did on Tuesday a.m. The doctors hope to have her up and walking soon! After a few days, she'll be transferred to a nursing home to continue her recovery.

One little funny from our hospital visits. On the wall of a main hospital hallway there are several framed pictures of nuns. They are really portraits of the Sisters that helped make St. Marys Hospital the great place it is today, but each time Ella sees the pictures she has a different explanation. She points them out to me and says, "Look, Mom! Those are the ladies from the Sound of Music." I have tried to explain that they really aren't...but she won't listen to me.

2 comments:

OhCaptain said...

Glad things are going well with your Grandma.

I walk past those nun's pictures every day. Don't forget, one of them still works there. Believe it or not.

Stacy said...

I'm happy Grandma is going to be up and around soon!