Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First Day of School


All three kids had a great start to the school year.  Ella came home very excited about all the new opportunities that being a fourth grader will bring.  James said his day was AWESOME! Little Claranna was a bit upset that she only had a short, one hour session of preschool today, but was thrilled she got to stay at school without Mommy. She is definitely ready to be a "school girl"!  She'll have a full morning of preschool on Thursday and she can't wait.  Even with Claranna by my side,  it was awfully quiet in our house once the big kids were on the bus.  And, how did I spend my free hour this morning when Claranna was at school?  Sipping coffee with a few wonderful moms that I know and chatting about how fast babies grow.

I'll admit my eyes got a little misty when the kids were walking into the school building (Yes- Claranna and I drove to school to watch them find their class line and walk inside, though Ella instructed me on appropriate first day mom behavior for fourth graders).   My babies really are growing up right before my eyes... Yet it was hard to feel too much sadness for the monumental first day of school, when my kids were facing the day with so much joy and excitement.  Check out the giant smile that James flashed us as the bus was pulling away from the bus stop this morning.  I love his new toothless grin!

No comments: