Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Finally...A Post!

I am the one to give my friends a hard time about not posting on their blogs frequently... Now, I am the one who has not posted a thing in over twenty days! Honestly, I don't know where the days have gone. Suddenly it's March...except we don't seem to be having March weather. I am getting so anxious for the snow to melt and the flowers to bloom!

I am typing right now on our new laptop. We decided it was time to invest in our own laptop since Mark had to give back his other one when he switched jobs. I am told that this computer is mainly for me. Mark seems to monopolize our desktop, so a computer for me is a good thing. Now with this nifty thing, we can both compute at the same time! So I can post, but I don't have access to my pictures on the other computer just yet. We have some networking issues to figure out. Then, maybe I'll become a more regular blogger again?

Here's a brief update on our recent adventures. After Valentine's Day, we managed a night away with the kids in Minneapolis at a fun hotel with a small water park. We stayed at the The Depot which was once a functioning train depot. The water park had a large train that the kids could crawl through and slide down. This was a huge hit for James and Ella. Mark seemed to enjoy himself too!

Ella finished her first month of gymnastics in February and liked it so much that we are back for the March session. James finished his swimming lessons and today he had his first parent/tot gymnastics class. I didn't get to take him as I had to attend a half day staff training session. I think Mark had fun taking James to the class and I know James was anxious to have his own class. He has been so patient waiting and watching during Ella's gym classes.

James is talking more and more everyday. He and Ella recently discovered how to argue. I think they think it is fun. James will identify something to Ella. For example, he might point out a school bus while we are driving in the car. Ella will then say that it's not a school bus and then James will counter with a very firm, "Is". And, suddenly, we are in the midst of an is/is not showdown. I really am not all that amused by it...so I am hoping that this phase will pass soon!

So many funny things come out of the kids mouths and I just have to share Ella's random comment from tonight. While I was driving Ella to church for our choir practices, she said out of the blue, "Mom, I'm thinking Arby's tonight. " Clearly their marketing campaign works!

1 comment:

M said...

LOL! Love that last comment.

I am sorry to say that this arguing thing is not a phase, its a way of life!

I have always wanted to try The Depot, but we seem to end of at the Embassy Suites - old reliable, I guess. I'm going to have to book a couple nights there while we are still bogged down with this icky weather.

Thanks for posting!