Tuesday, May 13, 2008

An Endoscopy and Mark's Everest Video

Finally things are getting back to normal around here...at least for a few days. Ella only has five more days of preschool before her summer break starts, so then we will have some more adjustments to make.

Last week proved to be a busy week. We had a lot of unpacking and resting to do from our trip to Florida. To add to the fun, I had an upper endoscopy performed on me on Tuesday. The procedure involved knocking me completely out and sending a camera down into my stomach and small intestine. It was not all that bad as I really don't remember much of anything. I think Mark may have been more anxious than me...he doesn't like anything that involves needles. After Mark brought me home, I pretty much slept away the rest of the day. I was a little extra tired and light-headed on Wednesday morning, but after that I was completely fine. However, I did feel like I lost a whole day last week and I am still waiting to get my official test results.

Mark is getting anxious to start his garden, but the weather has not been cooperating. It keeps raining and staying on the cooler side. Maybe we can make some progress this weekend. Thankfully, my dad has finally been able to get some planting done. James and Ella have been anxiously waiting for their turn to ride along to help Grandpa Jim plant the crops.

I still need to go through more of our Florida pictures, but for now here is a video Mark is very proud of. On the day we went to Animal Kingdom, Mark stayed longer at the park while I took the kids back for naps. He was able to go on the Expedition Everest ride three times. On his last ride, he took a video from the front of the train. If you want to experience the ride, click on the video.





Here is Disney's explanation of the ride:
The Expedition EVEREST adventure begins when guests board an old mountain railway destined for Mount Everest. As the train heads for the snowy mountain peak, it passes through bamboo forests, waterfalls and fields of glaciers.

The excitement begins when it's discovered that the train tracks end in a twisted wreck of metal. From here, the train careens backwards and forwards through darkness, frigid canyons and treacherous caverns. A face to face encounter with the legendary Yeti (guardian of the Himalayas) brings this tumultuous train ride to its dramatic conclusion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing! Alec was at Valleyfair on Saturday and those rides don't even compare to this!