Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

To all the moms in my family, all the moms I count as friends and all the moms-to -be, Happy Mother's Day!

I am having a very nice Mother's Day. My cousin Kelly and her daughter Bella came to spend the night last night. They joined us for church this morning and Ella's dance recital this noon. Ella sang two beautiful songs with her church choir today. The second song was a Mother's Day song and it got me a little teary the first time I heard it. During the song, the kids shouted out, "My Great Mom!" with great big smiles. I took a video at the second service so hopefully I can upload it to share.

After church, Ella had to get dressed quick for her dance recital. It is so fun to watch all the little dancers. James enjoyed sitting on his Grandma Judy's lap for most of the show. He was enthralled with the music and the dancers....he was also getting a bit sleepy! This was Ella's fourth year of dance. She did so well and has grown so much. She loves the excitement of the recital and loves to perform for people...and she loves to get flowers after the show. She definitely likes being in the spotlight!

Now, James is catching a quick nap and we will soon be heading off to a 95th birthday party for my Grandma Ruth. Today is her actual birthday. Five years ago, on her 90th birthday, her birthday also fell on Mother's Day. That was my very first Mother's Day and I remember it well. Ella was so tiny then--just over three weeks old. Now it seems hard to believe that five years have passed by so quickly... These first years with my children have truly been a gift and I look forward to many more memories and Mother's Days to come.


My Little Dancer!

No comments: