Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My Babies & Me

I am still here. I am 35 weeks and we have begun the "waiting for baby to arrive" stage. James only stayed in the oven just a few days past the start of my 37th week....so it could be any day. Though, we hope the baby cooks for another few weeks, my OB told me at my last visit that given my history she expects me to go early. James made a quick arrival into the world and she told me that typically third deliveries can go even faster. We were encouraged by our doctor to have a Plan A, B & C so we will be sure to get to the hospital fast once the moment arrives. So we are sticking close to home, per the Dr.'s advice, and trying to be "ready". Our hospital bag is packed and we have stocked up on the basic baby supplies. The bassinet stands ready in our bedroom waiting for our new little one. And, the kids are getting excited...though sometimes I think they are more excited for their impromptu sleepover at the farm with Grandma and Grandpa. Ella is hoping that they get to stay there for several nights...but we will see.
The baby will be bunking with us for awhile so we haven't set up the crib yet. I hope he or she will sleep well in this bassinet for awhile... Ella has been enjoying rubbing my tummy, kissing it and feeling the baby kick and hiccup. James is very gentle with me and concerned if he sees me bend over too much. He tells me I shouldn't do that because my "belly is tooo BIG"! I think he is going to be a very sweet and nurturing big brother. And, I know Ella will be a great big sister to the new baby because she is most often so very loving to her little brother.

1 comment:

Chris said...

so excited for you Carrie :) and praying for a safe arrival and healthy little one!