Sunday, August 10, 2008

Welcome Home, Daddy!

The kids and I were super excited to welcome Daddy home. At the airport, Ella was holding a sign that said "Welcome Home" and James held a sign that read "We Missed You!"
Both kids gave Mark big kisses once we got home.

In this pic, James and Ella and are doing "Cheers!" with their new Texas shot glasses. They were very excited to have a drink out of them at supper time. Before you start wondering what kind of parents we are, you have to understand that James was not a fan of drinking milk until he had the delight of drinking it from a tiny glass. Once, I discovered that he thought it was fun to drink from a little glass, I had to find a sutiable glass the only really little glass I had was a shot glass. I filled the shot glass and he drank several little glasses of milk in one sitting. James was happy and we were happy, so sometimes little glasses are part of our mealtime fun. Whatever works, right?

Mark was happy to be home and we were happy to have him here. I was glad he made it back on Thursday as it was our ninth wedding anniversary. After we got the kids settled for the night, we were thankful that Grandma Judy could come over and watch the kiddos so that Mark and I could sneak out for a bit. It was too late for dinner, but we did share some really yummy appetizers and some excellent chocolate cake at a new restaurant downtown called Chesters. I may have found a new favorite dessert!! Happy Anniversary to my wonderful husband!!

No comments: