Thursday, September 25, 2008

BREAKING NEWS!! A Loose Tooth?

Isabella came home from the bus stop today with an extra spring in her step and a beaming smile on her face. Today, Ella's little friend on the bus has convinced our sweet girl that she has a loose tooth. This is a huge deal for Ella! She has been waiting for a loose tooth ever since she learned about the Tooth Fairy. She has been even more enthused lately as it seems her little bus friend has a very wealthy Tooth Fairy that visits her house. Ella has informed us that the Tooth Fairy gave her friend $5 for her front tooth and that when she looses a back tooth she is going to get $20. I think a different Tooth Fairy will visit our house... and it won't be for quite some time. I don't want to burst my little girl's bubble, but I don't think her tooth is loose.

Just so we are prepared for the future, what is the going rate for a visit from the Tooth Fairy?

1 comment:

M said...

Oh, C, is also waiting for this moment quite impatiently. Holy cow! 20 bucks! That tooth fairy doesn't come to our neighborhood.

I think $1 a tooth is the going rate. If we have complaints around here, I will just remind my daughter that her daddy is a professional associate of the tooth fairy and that IS the going rate.

P.S. I don't know what dentist you go to, but if you stop in to the office they are usually great about making a big fuss over a "first" lost tooth. We have gifts for kids who report their lost teeth to us. :)