Monday, September 1, 2008

My Baby is Growing Up!

Five years ago, I was a new mom preparing to go back to my classroom to begin another year teaching second graders. Tonight, I found myself preparing for school in a different way. I spent some time packing a backpack full of school supplies in preparation for my baby to become a kindergarten. Where did the time go? How can this even be possible? Ella will have a short morning of kindergarten tomorrow to help her (and me) be ready for the big day on Thursday. On Thursday morning, Ella will ride the big yellow school bus and head off into the big world of elementary school. I'm not so sure I will have dry eyes after she boards that bus...

Ella is excited for school. She met her teacher last Wednesday and toured her classroom. She is most enthused to try out all the playground equipment and is hoping for some recess time right away tomorrow morning. James and I will miss spending our mornings with Ella. I can already imagine how excited we all will be to meet Ella at her bus stop at the end of her morning at school. I envision James jumping up and down and running to Ella to give her a big hug once she steps off that bus... I'll give the full report later this week!

1 comment:

OhCaptain said...

Our youngest gets on that yellow bus on Thursday. Is it just me, or is this life train just moving way to fast.

She's pretty excited to join her big sister at school. The school our kids go to has been having events for the incoming kindergartners so she really excited to spend some time with her new friends.

Make sure the batteries in your camera are fully charge and your memory card is empty. Oh, and it helps to have a fresh box of Kleenex on hand...just in case ;-)