Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Kindergarten Small Group Day

A friend sent this poem that’s below to me today—how fitting. Ella really enjoyed her first little bit of kindergarten. We spent some time in the classroom together with a small group of students and parents. Her teacher was dressed in Ella’s favorite color, pink. Ella loved this! We were given another quick school tour, and then Ella and her classmates said good-bye to their parents and stayed to be kindergarteners for an hour.


Ella loved her morning. I met her by the school door and she had a huge smile and hug for me and James. Her morning must have tired her out… she’s in her bed sound asleep. Funny thing is, just this weekend she told me kids in kindergarten don’t nap anymore… Here's a picture of our beautiful kindergartener trying not to smile. Enjoy the poem below!

She started school this morning,
And she seemed so very small.
As I walked there beside her
In the Kindergarten hall.

And as she took her place beside
the others in the class,
I realized how all too soon
Those first few years have passed.

Oh how I longed to stay with her
And hold her little hand,
And lead her through the places
That she couldn't understand.

But she must get her chance to live,
To work her problems out,
The privilege to grow and learn
What life is all about.

My eyes were blurred by tears
I brushed them quickly away
She is not a baby anymore –
She’s in Kindergarten today.

~author unknown

1 comment:

OhCaptain said...

Thanks! Now I'm getting misty on bus ride home from work.